Manual Installation (Command Line Installation) | Knowledge Base
Manual Installation (Command Line Installation)
On every product's User Manual page you can find installation recommendations. Herein provides general instructions for manual installation (command line installation).
We recommend working in a development branch when adding an extension to your implementation.
These represent general instructions. For additional information check the User Manual section for every extension. There you will be able to find detailed information related to the installation of that particular product.
Please follow the instructions:
- Backup your web directory and store database;
- Download extension installation package;
- Upload the contents of the extension installation package to your store root directory;
- Navigate to your store root folder in the SSH console of your server:
run the following command:
php -f bin/magento module:enable Aheadworks_[NameOfExtension]
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade
php -f bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
5. Flush the store cache; log out from the backend and log in again.
NOTE: Make sure the installation is done from the FTP Administrator account. Otherwise, set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
NOTE: All the values, i.e.[NameOfExtension], [nameofextension] shouldn’t have square braces ().