Gift Card for Magento 2
Increase your AOV and encourage repeat purchases with an easy-to-use gift tool.
- Create virtual, physical, or combined gift cards to broaden customers' shopping opportunities
- Configure fixed or open amount price type for a variety of card use cases
- Customize gift cards to make them more personalized
- Add card balance and expiration date to motivate cardholders to make faster decisions
- Integration with M2 Smart One Step Checkout
Gift Card Gallery
According to recent studies, gift vouchers’ popularity has increased dramatically within the past few years. From a user perspective, a gift card is an effortless and convenient way to congratulate friends, colleagues, and family members. From a merchant perspective, it’s an effective tool for stimulating sales and encouraging repeat purchases. Unfortunately, native Magento functionality is not powerful enough to meet both customers’ and merchants’ needs.
The Gift Card extension by Aheadworks will provide the missing functionality on native Open Source Magento store. With the help of the Gift Card extension by Aheadworks you can:
Good to know
40% of us prefer receiving a gift card to a traditional gift.
During the holiday season, search traffic for gift cards typically spikes twice as high as other periods.
All generations primarily use their open-loop gift cards for online shopping.
Stimulate purchases with configurable vouchers
Motivate customers to buy more by offering different card types - virtual, physical, and combined. Specify the card value with the help of flexible pricing options and set the lifetime of the card. Boost sales during holiday seasons by offering specially designed gift cards to customers. Enable customers to personalize vouchers and set delivery dates to attract new users and grow a loyal customer base. Decide on a fixed or open amount price to follow your sales strategy. Analyze the performance of the card, track its balance, code status, and expiration date within one grid on the backend.
Engage the audience
Get maximum profit
Analyze the performance
Increase customer retention
Magento 2 Gift Card Extension Features
Generate card codes for particular occasions and combine them into a pattern.
Admin management tools
As Admin, you can send gift cards manually, set card expiration dates, track the remaining card balance.
Assign cards to card pools based on the patterns. Generate the pools of card codes to print them on physical certificates.
Customize card view and layout with an intuitive editor.
Sort cards by balances, recipient info, and many more.
Import and export
Import/export card codes into/from existing pools.
Add any number of email templates to notify customers about updates.
Exchange data on gift cards with REST and SOAP API.
Retrieve data on gift cards with GraphQL.
Request applying gift cards to orders created on the backend.
See gift card details in PDF invoices.
One Step Checkout integration
Allow using gift codes on the One-Step checkout by Aheadworks.
+ Gift Card expiration reminder
+ Setting up gift card code manually
+ PDF for virtual gift card type
+ Creation and sending gift card codes in bulk
+ Limit number of timezones
+ An ability to check the gift card balance on the checkout page
+ Gift Card applicable for the specific products only
+ Module logic refactoring
+ Removed Website filter from the grid
* Fixed issue with status of the GC code with included tax
* Fixed issue with the sum coverage including tax
* Fixed issue with displaying Klarna payment method on the checkout after applying gift card
+ Compatibility with Magento 2.4.5
* Fixed issue with the conflict with Klarna
+ Compatibility with Magento 2.4.4
* Fixed issue with module installation for Magento 2.4.4
+Declarative schema upgrade
*Unable to refund order with applied GC code
*Fatal error occurs when Klarna is removed from the server
*When sending emails, scope is not taken into account when setting 'From' field
*Image is deleted on page 2 at admin GC configurations
*Fixed translation strings issue
+OSC 2.0.0 design integration
* The value "Expiration Date" disappears after saving the gift card code
* It's impossible to apply Gift Card code to an order when "Include tax amount into card value" is enabled
* Exception occurs on checkout page while Klarna payment is used
* It's impossible to place an order with PayPal if the option "Include tax amount into card value" is enabled.
* Block name is missing in layout file
* Timezone parsing error is fixed
* Fixed issue with filter by 'Website'
* Magento 2.4 compatibility issues
* Gift code is not displayed in the order email on 'Asynchronous sending' mode
* Fixed issue when one Gift code can be applied twice for one cart
* Speed improvements
+ Compatibility with Magento 2.4
* Minor design improvements
+ Uninstall script
+ GraphQL support
+ Gift Cart information is shown in invoices now
+ Gift Card details are received via order API
* Incorrect validation of Code Length
* Improved compatibility with Aheadworks Advanced Subscription Products
+ Codes in Code Pool follow the order of the CSV file
+ Restricted applying GC on purchase of GC
* Fixed issue with delivery date format changing
* Incorrect delivery date is displayed at "Edit Gift Card Code" page
* Fixed issue with multiple currencies
* Cronjob executing issue
* Error appears on an attempt to import 'Gift card' product
* The initial balance is set to match the item's base price
* When exporting 'gift card' product, custom fields data is not export
* Fixed issue when weight attribute disappears from every product type settings
* Error appears when changing GC attribute scope to Global
* Error happens on an attempt to change open amount max value in created Gift Card product
* Fixed issue when deactivated gift card codes can be used
* Error occurs when trying to preview Newsletter template
* Template reference is not correct
* Can't create GC code if "Expires After" is configured
* Price is converted twice in template preview on Storefront
* False message about GC code activation
* Fixed conflict of the module with Ebizmarts Sagepay
* Minor code improvements
+ Magento 2.3 compatibility
* Error message appears on an attempt to add a gift cart product to cart (Magento 2.2.7 EE)
*Fixes for Magento Marketplace
*Multistore codes visibility issue
*Fixes for Magento Marketplace
*Issue with duplicate gift cards using Sagepay payment method
*Fixed issue with double subtraction from Gift Card balance (Sagepay payment method)
*Fixes for Magento Marketplace
*Magento 2.2.x: installation issue
*Magento 2.2.2 EE: сompilation issue
+ One Step Checkout integration
*Fixed issue with validation for gift product's amount
*Unable to create a gift card product in Admin in some cases
*Fixed issue with incorrect price of the set and open amounts
*Discount is not displayed on the cart if the only item in the cart is a virtual gift card
*import deactivated codes issue
*CSV file adjustment
*Expiration date of gift card is different on pages
+ Magento 2.2 compatibility
* Issue with Gift Card for M2 that prevents orders being placed via PayPal Express
* Setup:db-data:upgrade run issue
* Invalid argument CreditMemoInterface issue
* Shopping Cart page issue on "Magento Blank" theme
* Unable to create Gift card product with open amount only
* Incorrect message for gift cards purchased from backend
* "Order Information" tab issue
* Changed column title for importing codes in code pool
+ Export gift card codes from the grid
+ Gift Cards can be applied to the orders from the backend
+ Import gift card codes
+ Gift Card code pools
+ GIft Card codes patterns
+ Adjustable gift card type
+ Enable/disable custom message fields
* "Gift Card" tab is available for guests by direct link
* PayPal express issue
* Error with Virtual GC using PayPal Express payment method
* Shipping is applied to Virtual GC
* Flat Catalog compatibility issue
* Datepick calendar doesn't show up in Magento 2.1.6
* PHP syntax error: Redefinition of parameter $dateTime
+ Gift Card Delivery Date
+ Additional filter options in Gift Card code grid
+ Magento API support
* Variables in the email template must be improved or replaced
* Gift card code doesn't expire
* Add a sequence tab inside the module tag
* Gift Card Code expiration validation failed after changing locale
* Can't add GC product to wishlist
* Preview layout issue
* Stability and speed improvements
* Unit tests coverage
* Fixed composer requirements
* Error appears at "Backend->System->Export" page
* Gift Card Products grid is not shown if single-store mode is enabled
* Error shown when creating a gift-card product
* Implement script for correct installation of the module
* Unable to update Gift-Card product attributes via mass actions in Catalog grid
* Unable to update expiration date for gift card code after changing Interface locale
* Unable to select "Email Templates" and set "Amounts" when creating new product
* Filters don't work at Admin
* List of gift card codes is not displayed for customer
* Unable to place order at Storefront as registered customer
* Unexpected email sent out when order payments fails
* Blank page is displayed if gift card is assigned to category with configurable products
* "Open Amount Min-Max Value" fields should be hidden if "Allow Open Amount = No"
* Redirect to "Shipping address" page if gift card code was deleted
* Infinite loading after sorting by Type at "Gift Card Products" grid
* Database tables with prefix issue
* https protocol issue
1.0.0Initial release 04.07.2016
If you require an immediate solution, you can either make the necessary adjustments on your side, using your development resources or request for customization to be performed by our Custom Dev Team:
Stores > Configurations > AHEADWORKS EXTENSIONS> Gift Card
Gift card products can be created and configured in the Gift Card Product grid here:
Catalog > Gift Card by Aheadworks > Gift Card Product
It is always possible to refer to installation/ update instructions and setup guide here:
https://aheadworks.com/resources/gift-card/user-manual-gift-cart The latest version of the extension can be downloaded in the My Projects And Licenses > View licenses tab of your account or installed via Composer.