Blog for Magento 2
Drive organic traffic and boost sales by equipping your site with engaging blog content.
- Create visually appealing posts and increase recognition with authorship tools
- Provide smooth performance on any device thanks to PWA Studio support
- Boost engagement with DISQUS comment service integration
- Increase traffic and remain visible by utilizing comprehensive modern SEO settings
- Easily migrate WordPress blog to Magento 2
Blog is a powerful tool in marketing strategies. However, it requires more time and resources to manage a blog, created with the help of a 3-rd party framework. Moreover, such a blog is usually not effective enough in terms of SEO. All this leads to customer loss and a decrease in sales.
Drive traffic to your store with advanced SEO configurations! Attract customers by integrating with social networks. Boost sales thanks to cross-integration with the product catalog. Create appealing blog posts on your website easily, thus improving retention rates. Upsell your products by providing direct links to your products on related post pages. Increase customer loyalty due to guaranteed responsiveness and flawless performance on any mobile device.
Attract More Target Audience to Your Store
Being an effective marketing tool, a Blog helps to run successful marketing campaigns and drive more potential customers to your website. Manage your Blog easily and configure it to your needs: build categories, promote authors, classify topics, add useful content, and much more. Posts, shared via social media, look nice and informative thanks to Open Graph and Twitter Cards support, thus engaging visitors and increasing brand recognition. Drive more traffic and boost Blog’s awareness with enhanced SEO capabilities.
Improve mobile performance with PWA
Since the audience of mobile users is growing rapidly, make sure your Blog content is mobile-friendly. Cut costs by implementing a ready-to-use PWA solution. Provide responsive design and stable performance on any mobile device to grow customer base and increase retention.
Manage blog effortlessly
Edit categories, authors, and posts in separate grids with a bulk editing option. Make use of the category tree to add new root or sub-categories, as well as to drag and drop categories to change the hierarchy.
Increase posts credibility
Add author’s photo, short bio, and links to social media to posts to increase the credibility of the authors and prove their expertise in the field.
Schedule your blog posts
The scheduling feature helps writers manage their time more efficiently and, as a result, have the information relevant to the time.
Communicate with customers
Let people share and comment on blog posts easily to boost customer engagement. Sharing is available via the icons of the social networks and commenting via the integrated Disqus module below the post.
Relate products to posts
Assign related products to a blog post to follow sales strategies and promotion campaigns. Once done, the pages of the related products will show tabs to the post.
Have your blog SEO-friendly
Employ all essential SEO configuration options to have your posts, blog category pages, and authors visible: metadata, keywords, redirect, page and title tag affixes, page separators, canonical URLs, and more.
Add featured images as thumbnails for Blog Posts, Recent Posts, and Related Posts.
Easy content management
Create blog page content effortlessly with WYSIWYG, Page Builder, or Buildify.
Navigate with the help of the category tree which is visible on the backend and the front-end when browsing the blog.
Recent posts widget
Draw customers attention to articles with an eye-catching widget.
Related posts on post pages
Engage customers, even more, displaying related articles and new posts on blog pages.
Customizable category pages
Create visually appealing content by adding description and graphics to category pages.
Set permissions for specific customer groups to limit access to particular blog posts.
Customizable blog layout
Organize content blocks according to your store design and business needs.
Verify whether the content looks as intended with the help of the Preview option.
Mass actions for posts
Save time and manage posts in bulk, assigning them to authors, changing status or deleting.
Improve SEO rankings due to JSON-LD markup support.
Boost your site traffic by setting meta title, description, and keywords for all blog pages.
Contribute to better SEO by adding Blog, Category, Post, Author page affixes, title tag affixes per store view.
Build a loyal readers community and allow users to stay up-to-date with RSS feed.
+ Search posts via Elasticsearch
+ Web API update
* Fixed issues for Magento Marketplace
* Fixed issues with blog routing logic
* Json error occurs on category tree when apostrophe is used in category name
* Saving a Blog post does not change the "modified date" column
* Editing/creating new categories in the admin panel on the stage starts endless loading
* Content isn't displayed as a required option on Post page in admin
+ PWA Studio support
+ GraphQL update
* Fixed issues with Page Builder reproduced on Magento EE
* It's impossible to preview a post if there is a lot of content in Page Builder
* HTML code is not converted for category description
* Fixed issue with Wordpress import
* Fixed issues on the Edit Category and Authors pages
* WebAPI update
* Unit test updates for Magento 2.4
* Fixed issue when underscores are added to meta title
* Obsolete 'Page Title Separator' option removed from configuration
* Fixed issue when related Products are shown incorrectly in Slider Block Layout
* Non-existent URL didn't return 404 page
* Error appears while trying to delete an author
* Cache is flushed for all product on post save
+ Option to preview post in admin
+ Category image and description
+ Multiple SEO-related improvements and enhancements:
- Multiple Meta tag improvements
- URL-related improvements (suffixes, redirects, default page title separator)
- Canonical meta tag enhancements
- JSON-LD markup for blog posts
- Option to disable SEO-related options (for managing with third-party extensions)
* Excessive trailing slash in the home page URL
* Blog tab is not shown on Product page if layout is set to full width
* Endless progress bar on attempt to save a new post with an existing URL
* Text element in Page Builder behaves incorrectly in blog post edit page
* Category tree is not loaded if some root category was deleted
* Fixed issue with breadcrumbs
* Fixed issue when recent posts images are broken in Internet Explorer 11+
* Fixed issue with opening 'Blog Posts' page in admin
* Fixed issue with Pagebuilder (Magento 2.3.2)
* Fixed issue when Author info can't be saved
* 'Assign to Author' action doesn't work in "Posts" grid
* Error occurs during reindexing in some cases
* Minor UI improvements
* Fixed issue when 'How to set it up' link isn't available in the admin panel
* Stability and speed improvements
+ Category hierarchy (Subcategories)
+ Post Author pages
+ Mass action: Assign posts to an author
+ Twitter account settings moved to Author page settings
+ LinkedIn and Facebook links for author
+ Previous/Next links on the article pages
+ Posts counter in blog tab on product pages
+ Meta Titles
+ Option to hide Blog from the main navigation menu
* Minor fixes and design adjustments
+ Related Posts
+ Thumbnails for Recent Posts and Blog Posts
+ PageBuilder support
+ Speed improvements
* Data migration tool does not consider the option "Access to blog articles segmented by customer groups"
* Image upload error
*Fix for Magento Marketplace
*Fixed vulnerability which allows a remote code execution via unserialize().
*Magento 2.3 compatibility
*Fixed issue with image uploading
*Several websites affect the display of related products in a post
+Category filter option at post grid filter panel
*Fixed issue when admin is unable to create a post with non-default Twitter Site Account or Twitter Post Author Account
*Fixed issue when Blog categories do not appear in a sidebaridebar
*Fix for Magento Marketplace
*Related Products issue in EE installation (Magento 2.2.5)
*Fixed issue with configurable products creation
*Magento 2.2.5 compatibility
+Post image implementation
+Twitter Cards and Open Graph support
+Categories added to the sidebar
+Category is included into the URL structure
+Canonical URL management and tag implementation
+Access to blog articles segmented by customer groups
+Integration with BlueFoot for Magento Commerce
+New lines added to CSV
*Canonical URL option is displayed by default
*Category sidebar cannot be disabled
*Post data is lost in case some errors appear while saving the post
*‘Related Products’ block doesn't work with several ‘category’ conditions
*‘Related Products’ block, which contains configurable products only, isn't shown on a post page
*Slow performance issue
*Fixed issue when formatting of imported posts is broken
*Impossible to use extension attributes
*Varnish compatibility improvement
*Fixed issue when a post cannot be saved without selected categories
*Data migration tool compatibility with Magento 2.2.2
* Magento 2.2.0: compilation issue
* Unit tests with new PHPUnit issue
* Magento 2.2rc: Only posts with empty date are saved
* Wordpress posts import publish date issue
* Direct usage of $_FILES Superglobal has been addressed
+ 'Update' post button
* Blog migration tool improvements
* Request to SOAP wdsl issue
* Related products option issue ('Invalid From Key')
2.2.0* SEO-Friendly post URLs improvement
* Import blog posts from WordPress
* Add mass-actions to grid
2.1.0+ Recent blog posts widget
* Scheduled post doesn't appear at Storefront when FPC is enabled
* Empty Blog meta description
* Meta description is shared to Facebook
* Faq urls are not generated in sitemap.xml if Blog is installed
* Sidebar with "Recent Posts" isn't shown at post page
* Bookmarks don't work at Posts page
* Post statuses colors should be different
* Can't create blog post at Magento 2.1.3 CE
* Blog route isn't taken into account when sitemap.xml file is generated
* SEO issue on post page
* Module settings page is absent at Role Resouces page
+ Related product block can be displayed on blog post pages
+ List of blog posts where a product was mentioned can be displayed on product page
+ Migration Tool (M1 > M2 Blog extension by aheadWorks data migration)
+ Unit tests
* Minor bugfixes and stability improvements
* Updated composer.json to reflect magento 2.1 dependencies
1.0.0Initial release 27.06.2016
As for earlier versions, it can be done by commenting the following event:
<observer name="aw_blog_add_topmenu_items" instance="Aheadworks\Blog\Observer\AddBlogToTopmenuItemsObserver" />
in the following file:
Note, to avoid any troubles it is recommended to make all the changes in dev environment.