Hyvä Checkout Module and Payment Methods It Currently Supports
Categorized as : Ecommerce and Magento 2 Extensions
With almost two years of existence under its belt, the Hyvä Themes frontend has already established itself as one of the leaders of its niche. Not long ago, we reported that over 1000 eCommerce site owners had already chosen Hyvä as their frontend, and within this period, that number has increased by a significant 60%.
To keep up with the Magento community's preferences, Magento extension providers have started creating Hyvä compatibility modules for their extensions, further enhancing the appeal of Hyvä Themes. To continue developing their frontend, Hyvä focused on one more critical aspect of the website - the checkout. In this post, we’ll talk about Hyvä Checkout, its alternatives and payment options.
Checkout Options for Hyvä Themes
Hyvä Themes offers users a range of options when it comes to choosing a checkout solution.
1. Luma Checkout
The Magento Standard Luma Checkout and Blank-theme checkout can both be utilized with Hyvä Themes by deactivating the Hyvä frontend theme for checkout routes and activating a regular Magento theme. This process requires the use of a theme-fallback module, which allows activating any Magento checkout solution (including 3-rd party checkout extensions).
2. Hyvä Checkout
Alternatively, you can choose to use Hyvä Checkout, a separate module developed by the Hyvä team that is currently in Beta testing. This module provides users with additional features and customization options for Hyvä users.
3. React Checkout
What is Hyvä Checkout?
Hyvä Checkout is a standalone module that allows Magento 2 users to build and customize their checkout page on the Hyvä Themes frontend. It’s important to note that Hyvä Checkout is not included in the Hyvä Theme package, but is offered as a separate extension. One of the standout features of Hyvä Checkout is its multiple layout options, which enable users to create a checkout page that best suits their needs and branding.
In addition to its customizable layouts, Hyvä Checkout is also optimized for speed, providing a smooth and efficient checkout experience for customers. While Hyvä Checkout is still in beta testing, it is set to be released soon, offering Magento 2 users a powerful and flexible checkout solution to improve the customer experience.
Hyvä Checkout Features and Benefits
Hyvä Checkout is built using the popular Tailwind CSS, Magewire PHP and Alpine JS libraries, which allow for a variety of impressive features:
- Improved checkout page speed - the architecture of the checkout has been built to reduce complexity and improve maintainability. As a result, Hyvä Checkout page loading is less than 1 second out of the box.
- Customization - there are two layout options available. Default layout has a 2-column layout (similar to the Luma checkout). One-page layout merges all fields and components into a 3-column layout.
3. Optimization for mobile devices - Hyvä Checkout users can choose a different layout for each device (desktop and mobile) and customize it accordingly.
4. Order comments - this allows customers to leave comments about their order in the order section. The comments left by customers can be easily viewed by shop owners in the comments section of the Magento admin panel.
With its powerful features, Hyvä Checkout is designed to help you achieve a wide range of benefits that will take your customer's shopping experience to the next level. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from using Hyvä Checkout:
1. Improved conversion rates
A smoother, faster checkout process leads to reduced cart abandonment and increased conversions.
2. Faster loading times
The improved architecture of Hyvä Checkout results in faster loading times, providing your customers with a seamless and efficient checkout experience.
3. Enhanced customer satisfaction
Hyvä Checkout's customization options and order comments feature allows for a more personalized and streamlined checkout experience.
4. Seamless experience on mobile devices
Hyvä Checkout allows you to optimize your checkout for mobile devices, which is increasingly important for eCommerce businesses. In fact, as of 2022, almost 42% of all eCommerce transactions were conducted using mobile devices. This percentage is expected to increase even further in 2023.
5. Increased efficiency
Hyvä Checkout's reduced complexity and easy-to-maintain architecture enables developers to do more in less time, saving you money and resources.
Payment methods Hyvä Checkout supports
Hyvä Checkout offers a variety of payment methods, including all native Magento payment options like Check/Money Order, Cash on Delivery, Bank Transfer, etc. as well as the ability to pay with credit card. However, to ensure the security of customers' personal information, it is necessary to integrate with a secure payment gateway that complies with high-security standards.
Currently, Hyvä Checkout is compatible with several payment gateways, including:
- NMI by Aheadworks
NMI by Aheadworks
NMI for Magento 2 by Aheadworks is integrated with Hyvä Checkout. NMI for Magento 2 is a module that implements the NMI eCommerce payment method within a Magento 2 store.
NMI (Network Merchants Inc) is a payment gateway provider that enables businesses to securely accept electronic payments from their customers. It offers a variety of features that are designed to streamline the payment process and improve the overall experience for both businesses and customers.
- Native NMI Payment Profiles support - allows for a seamless payment process without the need for customers to leave the website.
- Multiple credit and debit card support - makes it easy for customers to choose their preferred payment method.
- No page redirect - makes the checkout process smooth and uninterrupted.
- Shipping address multiselect - simplifies the checkout process.
- Country specification - lets admins offer NMI payment only to those countries where it’s relevant.
- Admin orders support - allows admins to manage and view orders made through NMI in the Magento admin panel.
- 3D Secure ver.2 support - provides an additional layer of security for online transactions.
Pricing: License fee of the module is $169 + NMI gateway charges per transaction.
Install NMI for Magento 2 and a free compatibility module to empower your checkout with a secure and feature-rich payment method.
MultiSafepay is a payment platform that enables merchants to accept payments from their customers. MultiSafepay allows businesses to use different payment methods, such as iDeal, Apple Pay, Alipay, etc.
- Different Payment Methods
- Flexible Reporting Integrations
- In-house Risk and Fraud Monitoring
- Multi-Currency Feature
Pricing: Custom pricing (charge per transaction).
If you have Hyvä Checkout, you can install MultiSafepay and a compatibility module to it.
Mollie is a payment gateway that provides a simple and efficient way to process payments for Magento 2 stores. It has easy-to-use interface and provides a range of features.
- Different Payment Methods
- Fraud protection & 3D Secure
- No page redirect
- Refunds right from the Magento backend
Pricing: (EU) 1.8% + € 0.25 per transaction, (Com., non-EU) 2.9% + € 0.25 per transaction.
You can install Mollie together with a compatibility module and process payments on Hyvä Checkout.
PayPal is a digital wallet and payment platform that allows users to securely make online transactions. We should note, that currently only PayPal Express has compatibility with Hyvä Checkout.
PayPal Express features:
- Skip Order Review Step
- Enable PayPal guest checkout (yes, no)
- Payment applicable from (yes, no)
- Buttons flavor (dynamic, static)
Pricing: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
Install PayPal together with a compatibility module to offer it on your Hyvä Checkout.