Good news for all Magento 2 store owners and developers! Not so long ago, Magento 2.4.4 upgrade was released, and now Adobe announced one more major platform improvement.
On August 9, 2022, the new Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.4.5 versions were released. The update is marked with a bunch of new enhancements for the platform, making it even more secure and functional. It means that store owners now can now offer a better on-site shopping experience for their customers and enjoy new advanced features of the platform.
The Magento Open Source 2.4.5 release contains almost
- 290 quality fixes and improvements to achieve better site performance, security and user experience.
In Adobe Commerce release, the number of quality fixes reaches
- 400 quality fixes and enhancements to platform, security, scalability, accessibility and many more.
Let us also remind you that Adobe recently announced Magento 2.3.x to reach EOS (end of support) in September 2022. It means that no security patches, bug fixes or compliances will be released for this Magento version after September this year, which can lead to multiple security risks and performance issues for Magento 2.3 users. We strongly recommend to upgrade your store to the Magento 2.4.x version.
And if you plan to upgrade your Magento 2 store, you may want to know what the latest Magento Open Source version offers. Here are the most important features and highlights of Magento 2.4.5.
Magento 2.4.5 Release Notes (Highlights)
As per official Adobe Commerce Dev Docs the Magento 2.4.5 release contains 20 security fixes and improvements, which has been backported to Magento 2.4.4 - p.1 and Magento 2.3.7 - p.4.
Here are some of the security enhancements released with the latest update:
- The Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms now support reCAPTCHA.
- ACL resources have been added to the inventory.
- Added enhancement for Inventory template security.
- The MaliciousCode filter has been upgraded.
Adobe also shared some security tips for Magento 2 users, which will help to protect your Admin. Some of these tips are 2-factor authentication, IP allow listing, use of VPN, strong passwords, and so on.
In the current release, Adobe team paid special attention to platform improvement. Among the added features are the following:
- The platform now supports Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, jQueryUI 1.13.1, PHPStan 1.5.7.
- DHL Integration Schema has been updated to v6.2.
- Upgraded all outdated JS libraries to the latest version.
- Removed all outdated dependencies.
GraphQL Performance Improvements
The new GraphQL improvements include:
- Faster rebuilding of unified storefront GraphQL schema on deployment and at the moment of changing various attributes in production.
- GraphQL API capability to consume the authorization token expiration date/time.
- Session usage has been removed from HTTP header processors in GraphQL.
- Now it’s possible to disable the session cookies for all GraphQL operations.
For the Magento 2.4.5 release, the Adobe team focused on Venya (PWA). The task was to make it easier-to-understand and functional, that’s why the following enhancements have been added:
- Now screen reader users are informed about the summary of search results.
- Screen readers get informed when a new page view loads.
- The accessibility of contrast and keyboard has also been improved.
The latest release got extended payment options and better operation:
- A new payment option has been added in Magento 2.4.5. Now Apple Pay is available for all Magento merchants with Payment Services enabled. The distinguished feature of Apple Pay is that it doesn’t require card details.
- The PayPal Later option is now available for merchants in Spain and Italy.
- The preview option for PayPal, Credit and Pay Later buttons is available for Admins now.
- The Braintree KOUNT fraud protection has been removed from the codebase.
- The “Always request 3DS” option has been added to Braintree payments.
The integration with Google Services has been re-implementing to include all the updates introduced by Google.
The new Magento version release incorporates compatibility with PWA Studio v.12.5.x, which provides the following features:
- Merchants are now able to collect shoppers’ behavior data for web analytics services through PWA studio storefront.
- Merchants can now deploy a service from the Admin panel.
Page Builder v.1.7.2 is compatible with Magento 2.4.5, which means that users can control column settings on the storefront. Also, certain user actions trigger a column wrapping option.
Magento 2.4.5 Official Release Notes
You can find more information about Magento 2.4.5 release, including new features and fixes, at:
In general, it’s essential to upgrade the Magento platform constantly to keep your store fully-protected and up-to-date. If you need professional help to upgrade your store with no store data lost and minimal downtime, you can hire our certified Magento professionals.
Important To Note
Aheadworks is working on compatibility of our extensions with Magento 2.4.5. So before upgrading your store to the latest Magento version, make sure your extensions are already compatible.
Here’s the list of already compatible Magento 2 modules by Aheadworks:
- M2 Advanced Reports 2.11.3
- M2 Advanced Subscription Products 2.19.0
- M2 Smart One Step Checkout 2.1.8
- M2 Follow Up Email 2.2.7
- M2 Gift Card 1.4.8
- M2 Layered Navigation 2.3.4
- M2 B2B Private Catalog 1.0.2
- M2 Automatic Related Products 1.9.0
- M2 Reward Points 1.9.0
- M2 Affiliate 1.2.4
- M2 Help Desk Ultimate 2.3.0
- M2 Refer a Friend 1.2.0
- M2 B2B Company Accounts 1.7.3
- M2 Customer Group Catalog Permissions 1.0.11
- M2 Rich Banner Slider 1.4.4
- M2 Popup Pro 1.2.7
- M2 Product Questions 2.0.5
- M2 Advanced Reviews 1.4.1
- M2 GDPR 1.1.3
- M2 FAQ 1.5.5
The list is constantly updating. You can find the relevant information about your extension compatibility in the Change Log section on the product page or in the My Projects And Licenses tab in My Account.